(Apologies for cross posting)
Greetings growers and vendors,
Capac Community Schools, East China Schools, Marysville Schools, Yale Public Schools and Port Huron Schools in St. Clair County are accepting proposals for Michigan fruits and vegetables including apples, broccoli, Swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, and slicing tomatoes.
For initial consideration, please complete and submit the Vendor Questionnaire included in the attached packet by 2 pm on June 29th, 2012. Then, a meeting and/or farm tour will be requested by relevant school food service directors in June. Product Availability and Pricing Forms (also in the attached packet) are due by August 15th as the final proposal later in the summer, prior to the start of the school year. At that time, feel free to make the school food service directors aware of any additional products you would like them to consider.
Please direct all responses, questions and inquiries to any of the following school food service directors:
· Vicki Watson, Capac Community Schools , 403 N. Glassford Capac, MI 48014
· Julie Humphrey, East China Schools, 1585 Meisner Rd. East China, MI 48054
· Tina Tallman, Marysville School, 555 E. Huron, Marysville, MI 48040
· Louanne Warner, Yale Public Schools, 247 School Drive
· Mary Kurkowski, Port Huron Schools, 1925 Lapeer Ave, Port Huron, MI 48061
810-984-3101 329, email@example.com
Thanks for your consideration,
Farm to Institution Specialist
Michigan State University Center for Regional Food Systems
(Formerly the CS Mott Group for Sustainable Food Systems)