Apologies for Cross Posting.
Join the Michigan Farm to Institution Network for the first Cultivate Michigan featured food tour of 2015!
Peppers are the Cultivate Michigan featured food for Summer 2015, we'll be exploring Michigan pepper growers/distributors with a tour including VanHoutte Produce Market and Mike Pirrone Produce in northern Macomb and southwestern St. Clair counties on Friday August 14.
Space is limited to 15 people.
Please register by Tuesday August 10th.
- 10:15am: Meet at VanHoutte Farms Product Market (please be prompt!)
- 10:30am: 1st stop - Tour of VanHoutte Farms Produce Market, Bruce Township (Northern Farm Market at 74865 Van Dyke Rd, Bruce, MI 48065)
- Grows peppers and many other vegetables
- Started farm-to-factory program, up to 9 participating factories this year
- 11:30am: Travel to lunch at the Mulefoot Gastropub (in Imlay City)
- Farm-to-table restaurant in Imlay City
- 12:00pm: 2nd stop - The Mulefood Gastropub (596 S Cedar St, Imlay City, MI 48444)
- 1:00pm: Travel to Mike Pironne Produce in Capac
- 1:30pm: 3rd stop - Mike Pirrone Produce, Capac (15313 Bryce Rd, Capac, MI 48104)
- Farms large acreage of fresh peppers, and other vegetables, including rhubarb
- Brokers regional vegetable produce
- 2:30pm: Tour ends, participants depart
Extension Educator, Community Food Systems
MSU Extension Greening Michigan Institute
MSU Extension at the Downtown Market
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Michigan State University Extension programs and
materials are open to all withought regard to race,
color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion,
age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual
orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status