Register now for the Southwest Michigan Food Safety Conference on Wednesday, March 2 in Kalamazoo, MI.
Are you a small or mid-sized produce grower looking for guidance in navigating the new Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Rule?
Do you seek practical food safety solutions that are appropriate for the size and scale of your operation?
This is the conference for you! Full details on the attached flyer.
· FSMA Preparation- Appropriate Solutions for Small Scale Farms and Food Operators
· Speakers: Tim Slawinski (MDARD) and Phil Tocco (MSU Extension)
· Food Safety Manuals & SOPs- Importance of documentation for GAP and GroupGAP
· Speakers: Michelle Walk (MSU Extension), Vivien McCurdy (KVCC) and Natasha Lantz (Marquette Food Co-op and U.P. Food Exchange)
· Panel Discussion- GAP Certification and other inspections
· Speakers: Phil Tocco, Tim Slawinski, Phil Britton (Cherry Capital Foods), and local farmers.
Hope to see you in Kalamazoo!
Community Food Systems Educator
MSU Extension at the KVCC Food Innovation Center