Announcing Breaking Into Institutional & Wholesale Markets Winter Workshops!
Institutional and wholesale markets can be a key component of a successful farm business and an important part of a plan to expand. At these workshops you’ll learn from farmers and food hub staff who have experience selling to institutions and wholesale markets about how to best present yourself and your business, quality standards buyers are likely to expect, products of interest, and how to price your products. The workshops are free to attend! Please register online at the links below.
February 15, 2016 from 2:30 - 4:30 with reception to follow until 6 pm
Territorial Brewing Company in Springfield/Battle Creek
- Trent Thompson, Green Gardens Community Farm
- Brennan Dougherty, Sprout Urban Farms
- Tyler Vuillemot, Hoophouses for Health
- Colleen Matts, Farm to Institution Specialist at CRFS and co-lead of the Michigan Farm to Institution Network (MFIN)
Workshop hosted by Sprout Urban Farms, Michigan Farm to Institution Network, the Michigan Farmers Market Association and MSU CRFS.
Register to attend here by February 8, 2016.
March 18, 2016 from 1-3 pm
Allen Market Place in Lansing, as part of their Farmer and Food Business Workshop series
- Mark Kastner, Hillcrest Farms
- John McCarthy, Allen Market Place
- Erin Caudell, Flint Ingredient Company, the Local Grocer and Hoophouses for Health
- Colleen Matts, Farm to Institution Specialist at CRFS and co-lead of MFIN
Workshop hosted by the Allen Market Place, Michigan Farm to Institution Network, the Michigan Farmers Market Association, and MSU CRFS
Register to attend here by March 17, 2016.
Farm to Institution Specialist | Michigan Lead for National Farm to School Network
Center for Regional Food Systems | Michigan State University
480 Wilson Rd | Rm 311C Natural Resources Building | East Lansing, MI 48824