This is just a reminder to register for this upcoming farmer workshop by 5 pm on Thursday, May 5th. See details below!
Discover Institutional & Wholesale Markets: A Northeast Lower Michigan Workshop For Farmers
Monday, May 9, 2016 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Brush Creek Mill, 121 N State St., Hillman, MI 49746
Institutional and wholesale markets can be a key component of developing and expanding a successful farm business. At this workshop you'll learn the basics of selling farm products to schools and other institutions (early childhood programs, hospitals, colleges), and how to make a profit with institutional and wholesale markets as part of your market mix. You'll also hear about Hoophouses for Health, a unique opportunity to both increase year-round production AND connect with school and/or early childhood markets.
This workshop is free to attend. Please register here.
- Adam Montri, Ten Hens Farm and Hoophouse Outreach Specialist with the MSU Department of Horticulture
- Abby Harper, Farm to School Specialist with MSU Center for Regional Food Systems (CRFS)
- Colleen Matts, Farm to Institution Specialist with CRFS and co-lead of the Michigan Farm to Institution Network (MFIN)This workshop is hosted by NEMCOG, MSU CRFS, Michigan Farmers Market Association, and Michigan Farm to Institution Network.
Farm to Institution Specialist | Michigan Lead for National Farm to School Network
Center for Regional Food Systems | Michigan State University
480 Wilson Rd | Rm 302B Natural Resources Building | East Lansing, MI 48824
- New report - The MI Farm to School Grant Program: ...
- Upcoming Webinar: How to Join Cultivate Michigan
- What's your definition of local?
- MI Farm to School Newsletter
- We're headed to the National Farm to Cafeteria Con...
- Re: FW: Discover Institutional & Wholesale Markets...
- FW: Discover Institutional & Wholesale Markets Wor...
- ▼ May (7)
- ► 2015 (99)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (86)
- ► 2010 (74)
Monday, May 2, 2016
Re: FW: Discover Institutional & Wholesale Markets Workshop - Northeast Lower Michigan
I just asked Sam to boost the post on our Hoophouses for Health Facebook page. Hopefully that will help.
On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Matts, Colleen <email@example.com> wrote: