- Reminder: Scholarship Deadline for National Farm t...
- Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Area CSA Fair March 4!
- Farm Food Safety Conference: Just a few days left ...
- Free training videos, Grow Your Own Vegetables wit...
- MI Farm to School Webinar Recordings
- 2016 Michigan Good Food Summit - Save the Date!
- Cultivate Michigan Recipes!
- FREE Online Training - Grow Your Own Vegetables th...
- Garden to Cafeteria Webinar TODAY - 2:00 - 3:30 pm...
- National Farm to Cafeteria Conference - Early Bird...
- MI Farm to School News
- FW: Prima Civitas agri-talent and agri-employer su...
- Registration now open for All About Food Conferenc...
- RSVP Deadline Extended - Breaking into Institution...
- MI Farm to School News
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2015 (99)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (86)
- ► 2010 (74)
Monday, February 15, 2016
National Farm to Cafeteria Conference - Early Bird Registration and Scholarship Deadline
Register Now! Early Bird Prices for National Farm to Cafeteria Conference. Don't miss the 8th National Farm to Cafeteria Conference in Madison, Wis., June 2-4, 2016.
This event is the only national gathering of stakeholders from across the farm to cafeteria movement, making it a crucial leadership development opportunity to advance community health, build economic opportunities for farmers and producers, and ensure long-term sustainability for local food efforts nationwide. Early bird registration is open now, including pre-conference short courses and field trips. Event organizers expect more than 1,500 attendees, and the last event sold out before the registration deadline, so don't wait. Register today at farmtocafeteriaconference.org.
MSU CRFS Presents at the National Farm to Cafeteria Conference
Over the course of two days, attendees will have access to 48 different workshops in 12 topical tracks, and your Michigan Farm to School team will be involved in a number! MSU Center for Regional Food System's Farm to Institution Specialist Colleen Matts will be co presenting on institutional sales for Farmers and Food Hubs, Farm to Institution alliances, and Hoophouses for Health, Farm to School Specialist Abby Harper will be co-presenting on local procurement in early care and education programs, and Cherry Capital Food's School Liaison Kelly Lively will be co-presenting on Farm to Cafeteria promotional events (and showcasing our Apple Crunch efforts!). With 12 different tracks, there truly is an opportunity of interest to everyone. Check out the full list of workshops, and start planning which ones to attend!
Scholarship Deadline Approaching
Finally, the Scholarship Deadline is fast approaching! Scholarships can cover full conference attendance or short course participation. To ensure the conference reflects the full diversity of the movement, scholarships are prioritized for farmers, farmer support organizations, youth (through age 22), persons of color, food service professionals, farm to college/hospital practitioners, and early care and education providers. Don't delay! Learn more and submit your application now until the deadline of Feb. 29 at 5pm ET.
Apply for a scholarship or register today at farmtocafeteriaconference.org.
Looking forward to seeing you there!